By: Mallory Cleveland – Marketing & Administrative Assistant
Attract, LLC | 715.483.7500 | www.attractllc.com
We hear ya Kermit. It might not be easy at times, but it sure is worth it. Here at Attract, we keep sustainability in mind in all that we do — even down to the building we occupy.
5 Ways Attract is Green
1) We hold LEED AP credentials from the U.S. Green Building Council. This basically means that we’ve done our homework — we’re an active participant in the green building movement., and we’ve got the paperwork to prove it.
2) We seek Forest Stewardship Council certified lumber whenever possible. Did you know that worldwide, 1.6 BILLION people rely on forests of the livelihoods — namely food, clothing, and shelter? Thats why its important to us that we source wood from responsibly managed forests, helping protect them for future generations.
3) We’ve got a water refilling station to reduce the use of plastic water bottles. Not only that, but we give away free water bottles to our staff to further eliminate waste. We’re just about to crack 2,500 plastic water bottles saved — we’ll need to celebrate big time when we hit 3,000!
4) We refurbish, recycle, and reuse whenever possible. Whether it's sourcing vintage items for client decor or trying to eliminate the use of paper coffee cups by picking up kitschy coffee mugs at thrift stores for the office - we try to keep the three R's in mind whenever we can. You should really check out the 1959 vintage record player in our entryway. Makes for an awesome conversation piece.
5) Even our building is recycled. Attract is located in a factory that sat empty for years before we came along. Located in the St. Croix River Valley, we couldn’t love our charming, recycled industrial building more — quirks and all!
And thats really just the tip of the iceberg for Attract on the path to being sustainable. We try to reduce, reuse, and recycle anything we can — even down to using biodegradable K-cups in the office Keurig coffee maker.
It may seem daunting, but being green doesn’t have to flip your life upside down. Check out this awesome infographic that outlines one simple thing a month you can do to reduce your carbon footprint — one month at a time.